The Nissan S14 SR20DET is a popular platform for those looking to build a high-performance street or track car. With its compact size and capable engine, the S14 is a favorite among enthusiasts looking to achieve big power numbers. One of the most critical components in building a high-performance S14 is selecting the right turbocharger. Choosing a turbocharger that delivers significant power while minimizing lag is essential for a responsive and powerful driving experience.
To help S14 owners make an informed decision, we’ve scoured online forums to gather insights on the most suitable turbo options for achieving 450+ horsepower with low lag. From popular options like the Garrett GT3076R to lesser-known choices like the Forced Performance FP Green, we’ve compiled a list of five turbochargers that will help you reach your performance goals.
However, selecting the right turbocharger for your S14 is not a one-size-fits-all decision. Your power goals, driving needs, and supporting modifications will all play a role in determining which turbocharger is the best fit for your specific build. That’s why it’s essential to consult with a professional before making a final decision to ensure that your turbocharger is properly matched to your engine and supporting mods. With the right turbocharger, your S14 can reach its full potential and deliver a thrilling driving experience.
If you’re looking to achieve 450+ horsepower on your Nissan S14 SR20DET engine, choosing the right turbo is essential. You’ll want a turbo that can deliver significant power while also minimizing lag, ensuring you have the response you need when you need it. To help you make an informed decision, we’ve gathered insights from a popular online forum and compiled a list of suitable turbo options for your S14.
- Garrett GT3076R: This turbo is a popular choice for those seeking high horsepower while keeping lag to a minimum. It features a dual ball bearing design, capable of producing up to 500 horsepower, and is highly efficient, allowing for quick spool-up.
- BorgWarner EFR 7670: This turbo is known for its fast spool-up and is rated to produce up to 650 horsepower. Its twin-scroll design ensures exhaust gases flow evenly, reducing lag, and producing a broad powerband.
- Precision Turbo PT6266: The PT6266 is an efficient turbocharger that produces up to 700 horsepower. Its dual ceramic ball bearings allow for quick spool-up, reducing lag, and the compressor wheel is specially designed to maximize flow, providing excellent top-end power.
- Forced Performance FP Green: The FP Green is a popular turbo option for those looking for a balance of power and response. It can produce up to 500 horsepower and offers fast spool-up, making it an excellent choice for street-driven cars.
- Garrett GTX3071R: This turbo offers quick spool-up and is capable of producing up to 550 horsepower. Its billet compressor wheel design maximizes flow and minimizes lag, making it a great option for those seeking a responsive turbo.
The Forced Performance HTZ Green is an excellent option for those looking for a balance of power and response. With a billet compressor wheel and fast spool-up, it can produce up to 550 horsepower while keeping lag to a minimum, making it a great choice for street-driven cars. Its unique high-flow design allows for maximum power output without sacrificing response, ensuring that you get the most out of your Nissan S14 SR20DET engine. With the right turbocharger, your S14 can deliver the power and response you need for an exhilarating driving experience on both the street and track.
When choosing a turbocharger for your S14, it’s essential to consider your power goals and driving needs. If you’re planning to use your car as a daily driver, you’ll want a turbo that offers a good balance of power and response, while those looking for track performance may prioritize top-end power. Whichever option you choose, make sure to consult with a professional to ensure your turbocharger is properly matched to your engine and supporting mods.
|Manufacturer||Model Number||Power Rating||Full Boost RPM||Price (USD)|
|Garrett||GT3076R||Up to 500 hp||3,800 RPM||$1,700-$2,000|
|BorgWarner||EFR 7670||Up to 650 hp||3,200 RPM||$2,500-$3,000|
|Precision Turbo||PT6266||Up to 700 hp||4,200 RPM||$1,800-$2,200|
|Garrett||GTX3076R Gen II||Up to 640 hp||4,000 RPM||$2,000-$2,500|
|Forced Performance||HTZ Green||Up to 550 hp||3,800 RPM||$1,500-$1,800|
Note that these prices are approximate and can vary depending on the vendor and any additional parts required for installation. Additionally, it’s important to keep in mind that the power rating and full boost RPM can vary depending on supporting modifications and tuning, and the information provided is a general guideline. It’s always best to consult with a professional to ensure that you’re selecting the right turbocharger for your specific needs and goals.
To summarize, if you’re looking for a turbocharger for your Nissan S14 SR20DET engine that can deliver 450+ horsepower with minimal lag, there are several options to choose from. Popular choices include the Garrett GT3076R, BorgWarner EFR 7670, Precision Turbo PT6266, Garrett GTX3076R Gen II, and the Forced Performance HTZ Green. Each of these turbochargers offers a unique set of features, from fast spool-up and broad powerband to maximized flow and reduced lag.
According to an online forum thread on SXOC.com, the Garrett GT3076R and Precision Turbo PT6266 are both popular choices among S14 enthusiasts due to their efficiency and power potential. Meanwhile, an article on Modified Magazine recommends the BorgWarner EFR 7670 for its fast spool-up and twin-scroll design, which allows for even exhaust flow and reduced lag.
Regardless of which turbocharger you choose, it’s important to consult with a professional to ensure that it’s properly matched to your engine and supporting modifications. With the right turbocharger, your S14 can reach its full potential and deliver an exciting and responsive driving experience.
- “Turbo help!” – SXOC.com – https://www.sxoc.com/vbb/showthread.php?597212-Turbo-help!
- “BorgWarner EFR 7670 Turbocharger – Tech Knowledge” – Modified Magazine – https://www.superstreetonline.com/how-to/engine/1803-borgwarner-efr-7670-turbocharger-tech-knowledge/